Let me show you a copy of the world map, personally scribbled upon and vandalized by yours truly.
The green star is where home is, the Peninsula side of Malaysia.
The yellow stars are places that I have been to. Let me quickly list them all down because this thing never fails to make me feel incredibly awesome.
- Borneo – Kuching
- Thailand – Hatyai
- China – Beijing, Guangzhou, Zhongshan, Zhaoqing, Foshan
- Japan – Tokyo, Fukushima
- UAE – Dubai
- United Kingdom – Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, London, Blackpool, Newcastle, Bath, Stonehenge, SCOTLAND
- France – Paris
- Belgium – Brussels
- Netherlands – Amsterdam
- Germany – Cologne, Heidelberg, Munich
- Switzerland – Bern, Lucerne, Engelberg, Mount Titlis
- Austria – Innsbruck
- Italy – Rome, Pisa, Florence, Milan
- Turkey – Istanbul
- Spain – Barcelona
Okay, the italics are all part of a 14 days Europe Tour, but still… 🙄
- US of A – San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, Colorado
The red circles… are places of intrigue that I have yet to set foot into. I guess I’ll briefly elaborate why they intrigue me, in order of priority.
- Australia and New Zealand – These are English speaking countries in the Oceania. From the pictures, they are absolutely stunning in terms of landscape and scenery. Also, all of my friends who went there and came back were all in love. Some of them even migrated there! I HAVE TO go see these places for myself, simple as that!
- South America – Assuming I’ve made it to Australia and/or New Zealand and back, I’d have set foot on places in four different continents. Time to go for a fifth. I’m not a particularly adventurous person, so I’d probably stick to Rio de Janeiro instead of embarking on an Indiana Jones-esque Amazon adventure.
- Canada – Another country with wonderful landscape and sightseeing opportunities. Well. okay, I’ll be honest. The only reason this country makes it into my list is because I’ve seen pictures of Calgary, taken by my American work colleagues. The national park is insanely breathtaking!
- Russia – Blame those stupid Hollywood movies for painting Russia in negative light. Nowadays when I think of Russia, I think of KGB. And secret double crossing spies.Scares the shit out of me. I know I shouldn’t though. Moscow and St Petersburg have some absolutely stunning buildings to boot. And Russian girls are hot. Like, really hot! I should go and see for myself, right?
- Africa – I’m sorry to say I’m not a huge fan of Africa. I probably would not visit this continent in my life, although we never know what the future holds for us. No, this has got nothing to do with being scared shit of black people or random Timbuktu princes or what. No… the sole reason I’m not a huge fan of Africa is because I DO NOT want to visit anywhere hotter than Malaysia. I feel like a roasted pig already at 32°C, I sure as hell would not want to imagine spending any amount of time in 38°C or even 45°C temperature. No deserts for me. Sorry.
So, yeah… Australia first, hopefully together with New Zealand… then Rio… then Calgary… then Russia… then… I don’t even know how many I could cover, if at all. Let’s not get ahead of myself… 🙄