Once upon a time, Lazy Man read from a certain blog the recipe for pumpkin meatballs. He left a comment there, and then forgot all about it after some time…
Today, he finally remembered. So he went to work…
- 1 x sweet potato
- 1 pack of minced lamb meat – He wanted to use pork, but it was sold out. He don’t do beef, and he thinks minced chicken is weird. The only choice left is lamb…
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt, pepper and olive oil
- First he baked the sweet potato in the oven at 170°C for 40 minutes.
- Then he let the potato cool down for 10 minutes.
- Then he peeled the skin off and cut the potato into small pieces.
- Then he wanted to mash the sweet potato up with a fork, but the potato was not as soft as he wanted in certain parts and he got impatient, so he threw the whole lot of it into the blender to crush it.
- Then he poured the crushed sweet potato into a bowl and added minced lamb to the potato.
- Then he chopped up the garlic and added it into the mixture. He also added a large pinch of salt and lots of pepper.
- Then he mixed everything up with a fork.
- Then he wanted to place the bowl of mixture into the fridge to cool and settle for an hour or two, but he got impatient. Lazy Man, remember? So he said “screw it” and immediately rolled chunks of the mixture into balls.
- Then he drizzled olive oil over a foiled tray, placed the sweet potato meatballs onto the tray, and drizzled more olive oil over the balls. He also added another small pinch of salt and pepper onto the balls.
- Then he put the tray back into the oven and baked at 180°C.
- Then he spent 25 minutes waiting while pondering if his methods will fail him and if the meatballs will crumble like a heap of dry leaves while listening to MLTR’s 25 Minutes Too Late.
- Then the 25 minutes was up and his meatballs were ready.
The balls did not crumble like a heap of dry leaves. It was rather deformed, but it held on together quite okay. Seems like this cutting corners recipe works. Now the myth that meatballs cannot be made using cutting corners method is well and truly busted.
Ooh la la~ sweet potato + minced lamb = awesome deliciousness~~! This is probably something that I can make again. And again. And again and again and again…
Now I’m off munching my meatballs and a pile of strawberries while picking off where I left off last night. 30/96 now…