然后一起分享 会更明白 相思的哀愁
可是我 有时候 宁愿选择留恋不放手
I’m just kidding with you guys, I’m not going to talk about heartbreaking stuff today. The reason I shared the video above is because I spotted Faye Wong shopping for grocery in Queensbay Mall this morning! In fact, she was standing right beside me as we selected the freshest vegetable. But I was too shy to say hi to her. She was without makeup, but still looked so gloriously beautiful. She is really my goddess…
Anyway, I made sweet red bean soup today…
When we talk about sweet red bean soup, it is really very very easy to make, in fact it is even easier than eating! Since it is called sweet red bean soup, the only mandatory ingredients are red beans and sugar. Now ordinary people will prefers rock sugar, but as we all know that I am no ordinary person, I chose to use soft brown sugar. Actually I forgot to buy rock sugar, and there is soft brown sugar lying in my fridge, so I had to make do with it. I also used a few slices of orange skin. Orange skin means skin peeled from an orange.
It was after I chucked everything into the pot that I realized, people normally use dried tangerine skin instead of fresh orange skin. But I suppose dried and fresh is close enough, so it should be fine?
步骤也很简单的 The steps are quite simple，
- 首先将半碗红豆浸泡一个晚上 First you soak half a bowl of red beans in water overnight，
- 把一锅水煮开，然后加入红豆与橙皮[陈皮] Bring a pot of water to boil, then add the red beans and orange skin (dried tangerine skin) into the pot，
- 以小火熬煮一个半小时 Turn to low heat and cook for one and a half hour，
- 加入3汤匙绵红糖，再熬个5分钟 Add 3 tablespoons of soft brown sugar, cook for another 5 minutes，
- 好了，还愣着干什么？快吃啊！It’s done, what are you waiting for? Eat!
Mom said, it is good for us to eat lots of red beans, they can help replenish our red blood cells, and at the same time can “boost” our eyes.
By the way, I originally wrote this in Chinese and my English translation might be off on a certain paragraph, you might need to use Google Translate on a certain paragraph in this post…