Lazy Man’s cooking time again! I was able to buy chicken for this week, so chicken dish it is..
All day in the office, I was procrastinating between baking the chicken breast or slicing it up and making soup.. As I was driving home from work, the soup faction was winning the battle..
- 1 piece of chicken breast
- 1 piece of chili
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tomato
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg
- Lots of romaine lettuce
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
They say, 谋事在人 成事在天, loosely translated as Man plans but God decides. As I was preparing the ingredients, my mind was distracted for some unknown reason. After slicing and cutting up all the ingredients, instead of setting a pot of water to boil, I unknowingly took out the pan. By the time my mind came back from wandering, I had already cleaned the pan and drizzled it with olive oil. And that’s how my chicken soup became chicken stir fry instead..
- Slice chicken breast into pieces, marinate with salt and pepper.
- Tear romaine leaves from the stalks. Wash thoroughly. No need to cut, leave the leaves whole, they will shrink when cooking.
- Chop chili and garlic into thin slices, cut tomato into pieces.
- Drizzle pan with olive oil, set it to heat. Saute garlic and chili first, until fragrant.
- Add chicken slices, fry till slightly golden brown.
- Add romaine lettuce and tomato pieces, set to low heat, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Use the 2 minutes to cut a lemon into half.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the pan, then add salt and pepper to season accordingly.
- When the thing seems to be ready, crack an egg into the pan and take the pan off the heat.
- Stir until the egg is evenly mixed and cooked.
- Serve and eat.
If you see something else on the plate, ignore it. Your mind is playing tricks on your eyes. It is just an optical illusion. Pay no heed. Do not be affected by that sight. I already run out of them anyway, so you won’t see this optical illusion in my next post.
I’m glad I forgot that I was going to make soup, because this chicken stir fry is delicious! In fact I think I’m going to do it again tomorrow..