Apparently my body is taking the fish without troubles, so today it is time to take it up another level, let’s try chicken.
- 1 big slab of chicken breast, 200g maybe
- Some enoki mushrooms
- Some broccoli
- Some peeled baby carrots
- A few cherry tomatoes
- Half a lemon for the juice
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
As you can see, most of the ingredients are the same as what I used for the steamed fish. Only today the fish is replaced with chicken, spinach is replaced with broccoli and baby carrots.
- Cut and wash broccoli and enoki mushrooms.
- Wash baby carrots and chicken breast.
- Marinate chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Prepare aluminium foil into a container.
- Place enoki mushroom as base, place chicken breast on top of enoki mushroom, place broccoli and baby carrots around chicken breast.
- Slice cherry tomatoes into halves and place on top of chicken breast.
- Squeeze half the lemon and let the juice flow all over the chicken breast. Drizzle olive oil all over the mess.
- Place the whole thing into oven, set to 180 deg C.
- Go back to room and watch 3 Ah Niu‘s MV while simultaneously blog about this recipe, or otherwise wait 20 to 25 minutes if you do not fancy watching Malaysian Pop. Malaysian Pop rocks!
- Turn off oven, then let the cooked stuff cool down for a bit.
- Publish the blog post.
I have to admit, I made a mistake with steaming the fish with spinach yesterday. The spinach releases water when cooking, it sort of drowns out whatever lemon and tomato juice that I had going. Not to mention when steaming, water might drip from the lid onto the plate. In the end I had fish soaked in almost tasteless watery sauce.
No such problem with broccoli and baking in oven, I just tested the sauce, the flavor is awesomesauceness 😉